How To Grow Your Business on a Limited Budget…
“Act boldly, and unseen forces will come to your aid.” – Brian Tracy
In this series of articles, I’m going to discuss starting or growing your business on a limited budget.
If you’re like me, I have concluded that it’s virtually impossible to create your own destiny as an employee at a job. However, as a business owner, your chances of getting more time, more money, more freedom, more health, more love, and more happiness in life increase dramatically.
My solution for attaining wealth today is to own and operate our own Business. Owning a business is not just a good idea, it is a necessity if you desire to get ahead and create long term financial peace of mind as you plan for retirement. I sincerely believe what business consultant Brent Brodine say about this topic:
Retiring with a million dollars is not a luxury, but a necessity.”
Being or Becoming a Business Owner
If you are a small business owner but are not achieving the success you desire, then I’m confident that I can share some ideas and thoughts that will help you become successful.
If, however, you are unhappy at work and are looking to start your own business, or at least want to explore business ownership, this could be some of the most important information for you.
I believe that anyone can be successful in launching a business if that business is one they are passionate about and believe in. Successful businesses take time, money, energy, and most of all, action – and action springs from passion.
I would like to help you in your quest of successful business ownership without spending a bunch of money.
Let’s begin by listing…
The Seven Desirable Traits for Business Ownership
In the course of appearing as a featured guest of hundreds of radio stations across North America (addressing unhappy workers), I am constantly asked what types of businesses are the best to pursue. I believe there is no one “right” business, but I do believe the best kinds of businesses share these seven desirable attributes. You are able to:
- Run them from the comfort of your home (on your schedule)
- Match them to your passions (you ca’t be successful doing something you don’t enjoy)
- Operate them without having to hire employees (you don’t want to be a babysitter)
- Get started with a low investment (franchises can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars)
- Make money whether you are working or sleeping (a Web store provides flexibility)
- Build the business without having to purchase huge amounts of inventory (garages are for cars)
- Utilize the Internet as your storefront to sell your products and services 24 hours per day, seven days a week, on a global basis
I believe there are a million ways to make a million dollars. All it takes is for you to properly execute one way. While there are thousands of great businesses out there, many of which share the attributes just mentioned, to me three areas stand out:
- Real Estate investing (because of real estate appreciation)
- Network marketing (due to teamwork and residual income)
- Operating a Internet marketing business (with the resulting ability to reach the global marketplace 24/7)
In my next article I’ll talk about The Roadmap to Start a Successful Business
This is an excerpt from my book: “Creating Your Own Destiny”
As a Motivational Keynote Speaker, I can speak on this subject or adapt my subject to your audience.