How Do I Get Clients?
This is the 2nd in a 3 part series. The first article was: Successful Entrepreneurs
In my business, I’ve had incredible months of growth and record income, while at other times I’ve struggled. Looking back at this rollercoaster ride, the worst months occurred when I spent a disproportionate amount of time doing administrative tasks.
When I implemented my Sales Success Formula, I had my best months. If you want to get clients, I can’t emphasize how important my system is to an entrepreneur.
If you follow a proven system, you’ll soar. If you don’t, you’ll starve.
“SYSTEM” stands for: Save Your-Self Time, Energy and Money. As an entrepreneur, I challenge you to implement:
12 Tips in my Prospecting System:
- Develop a data base that works for you. The less time you spend doing data entry, the more time you can prospect.
- A successful business is 5% creation and 95% daily promotion. The old adage “build it and they will come” doesn’t work! Develop your product or service, then spend the rest of your life promoting it, and you’ll experience success.
- Prospect a minimum of 4 hours per day. Entrepreneurs can lose focus on their most important task: selling.
- Utilize the rule of seven. Studies show on average that it takes seven bits of communication between buyer and seller before a sale occurs. You have to develop trust, respect, and need, which result from spending time with your prospect.
- Get samples in the hands of your prospects. Many aspiring authors have asked me how I turned my book Creating Your Own Destiny into an international bestseller. It all came down to my willingness to give out review copies to prospects who would later buy my book in volume.
- Build a full commissioned sales team. As an entrepreneur, you must do everything possible to keep your overhead low. One of the best ways is to pay your team based on sales and project-specific performance, and not on salary.(with the exception of administrative personnel).
- Create and update an income funnel. You need to know from where your next paycheck is coming. Monitor all your prospects as they move through your sales funnel.
- Focus on marketing your business instead of advertising. For example: instead of paying the steep price of a newspaper ad, submit an article. This method costs you nothing, and sets you up as an expert in the eyes of your prospect.
- Protect your seed money sources. If you’re just beginning your entrepreneurial pursuits, keep your day job and build your business part time. Once you have a year’s worth of income saved and are debt free, then quit your job and pursue your venture full time.
- Successful businesses always take longer and cost more than planned. It may take three times longer and cost three time more than you budgeted to make your business a success. This principle also helps you to determine how long you’ll need to keep your job.
- Golden Rule. Simply put, treat others as you wish to be treated. Respect others as you wish to be respected. Prospect others as you wish to be prospected. Finally, sell others as you wish to buy.
- Negotiations. Always remember that when it comes to negotiations, whoever mentions the amount first always loses.
My Destiny Mantra
If you want to create your own destiny using the business you’ve selected as your financial vehicle, I challenge you to apply my Sales Success System to your business and follow my destiny mantra: “Dream, Plan, Execute and Soar”
In our next article, we’ll discuss my Sales Success Formula taken from my book “The Affluent Entrepreneur”.
As a Motivational Keynote Speaker, I can speak on this subject or adapt my subject to your audience.
Contact me the next time you need a speaker for your event.