Where Can You Find More Time?
“I will do today, what others don’t, so I will have tomorrow, what others won’t.” ~ John Addison
I’d like to show you how to find more time in your day!
Whenever I discuss executing a plan on a daily basis, people almost always say the same thing: “Patrick, I don’t have the time.” So people view this as a legitimate reason. I don’t – I think this is an excuse.
Are you really out of time?
If you truly don’t have extra time in your life right now, then you really need to execute your plan and pursue a destiny that will give you more time later.
If you fall into this category – where you use excuses not to do something – here are some ways to find more time on a daily basis to execute your game plan.
Find the time
- Turn off the television. If you do watch TV, only watch programs related to your goals.
- Carry whatever book you are reading with you at all times. Then, when you find yourself with unexpected free time, such as waiting for someone to show up for an appointment, you won’t waste that time – you can use it to read about your destiny-related topic.
- Carry a cell phone with you at all times. Again, this gives you the ability to make and receive calls during down or transition times or at other moments where you normally might have wasted time.
- Limit small talk. It’s fun to chat with friends and family. But too much small talk can steal precious moments from your day. Don’t be impolite, but limit small talk as much as possible.
- Don’t sleep in on weekends. A great time I’ve found to work on my dreams is on Saturday and Sunday mornings between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. before my kids are up and ready to go
- Limit internet surfing. Don’t surf unless you’re looking for something specific to your goals or destiny.
- Keep your computer free of viruses, annoying pop-up ads and Internet hijackers. You can lose all kinds of time and productivity if you must continuously deal with these problems.
- Give up sports news. Which would you rather be: Someone who knows all the batting averages in Major League Baseball, with no money in the bank, or a millionaire who doesn’t know which team is most likely to win the Stanley Cup?
- Take control of your lunch hour. This can be an excellent time to work on your dream. Try to schedule a lunch meeting as often as possible with people you know are capable of helping you accomplish your dreams.
- Hire a housekeeper. This is an expense, of course. But where is your time most valuably spent – cleaning your bathroom or working on your dream?
- Quit playing video games. These games are addictive and if you aren’t careful, video games can steal hours and hours of productivity from your weekly schedule.
All these ideas will surely help you find more time in your day and week. Use this found time to execute your game plan.
This is an excerpt from Patrick’s Book “Creating Your Own Destiny”
As an international best-selling author and professional keynote speaker, Patrick will customize his message to the needs of your audience.
Contact him for your next event